Medals - when can we wear them with no No.2s?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by OldSnowy, Oct 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, once we finally get our TELIC gongs, most of our Company will have at least one medal, and over half will have two or more.

Trouble is, with no No.2 Dress available for us Corps personnel, when can they be worn? What are they for, apart from leaving to your children?

So, in order to get a bit of use out of the things, I have got the CO to agree that we can wear them on our CS95 for Remeberance Day. Before anyone complains that CS95 isn't smart (I agree with them on this), what are the alternatives? The only other form of dress we have is coveralls, and, while they have the advantage of being a colour that will show up the medals, drill in them is tricky......

BTW, certain others in a sister TA Bn who served with us on TELIC have their medals already - something to do with their being presented to them last month by Mr T. Bliar.

2. OS

Guys in our unit were given permission to wear medals with CS 95 for a parade recently. I believe they'l be allowed to wear them for our next big parade this weekend (I think)

Problem we have ,is there are not enough Curry fighting suits to go round.

Nice to see you back too :D

PTP

3. when youre a chelsea pensioner, actually join the army instead of doing it as a hobby or to be honest, with only one or two gongs Id rather not wear them at all!!

4. Has anyone got any idea when they will arrive? Haven't heard a whisper yet. Although regs who went on T2 and T3 have already received theirs - as seen last weekend!! It's a conspiracy!

5. mrs Fox is a regular, was on Telic 1 and got hers last week. I got mine first thing this morning before she went to work but my medal hasnt turned up yet. :wink:

6. Very droll FF. No doubt it will turn up in time for my next tour....

7. OldSnowy

Looking on the bright side, TELIC has pushed me over the time limit for the ACSM :D

Yet another Gong that I will (probably) get (eventually).

8. Does Op time lower the time for ACSM then? How's that?

9. Wearing medals on CS95 is not permitted. It is CS95 is in breach of Mat Regs. The CO does not have the authority to give his "approval".

10. OldSnowy

ACSM = Accumulated Campaign Service Medal = over (roughly) 3 years on Ops. Ops that count towards it, that is! It was brought in to differentiate between those who did 28 days hiding in a sangar (such as Bandmen) as opposed to those who did many, many Ulster tours (in the days when there weren't many other wars to go 'round).

Mind you, '70s NI was quite scary enough for me :oops:

11. OldSnowy

Well, sorry, but B*llocks to Mat Regs. No choice, and good for my CO I say.

12. The medals are issued to units/recipients in the order that requests are submitted. So - if no submission made - no medal for you! :?

13. Ahh, all becomes clear, sorry Old Salt, being just a humble STAB with a solitary tour behind me, I'll never see such exalted things.

14. Bloody useless Regt, I blame the TA. Oh well, I'll just have to make one with some gold foil and gaffer tape.

15. Well go to Walt's Emporium and get your own

http://honours.homestead.com/comindex.html