Medals, Walts and Wings

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Crusader, May 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have had a good canter with this one, and many home-truths have been exposed, but when all is said and done, when the laughter has died down and we have wiped the tears from our eyes, all that is left is the unpleasant fact that these wannabees have seriously tarnished the name and reputation of good, loyal and legitimate Frontiersmen and degraded the Honours system by their own vanity and silliness.

Sorry, a long sentence, but it had to be said.
  2. Is that you in your avatar?
  3. Ha! I wish! Unfortunately I am old and smelly now and the armour has long-since tarnished.
  4. Yes, I have to agree with you on that.
  5. I came across the LOF IOC UK website a couple of days ago and after looking at the pics of the abundance of medals this chap sprang to mind, if this was the 1970s I`m sure he`d be a patron of the organization :lol:
  6. He told me his name was Kampala. He did once say he'd invited somebody for dinner but George was never seen again.

One of the finest after dinner speakers, 49 Para have had the good fortune to have.

He was sadly missed more than once.

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
    Walter House
  7. Ah, Frontiersman Amin M&S, WC&Chain, VD and Scar, BHS (Failed). An excellent chap, very good with a coal-hammer. This picture was taken when he was Provost Sergeant of the Kings Own African (Frontiersmen) Messtin Repairers. Note the wings, gained for three jumps with the housekeeper plus two night jumps off the veranda steps and a water jump into the swimming pool. Other awards include the NQGA (NAAFI Queue Gallantry Award) for being first in the queue every Naafi break, the GSM (Gutless Scumbag Medal) and a special award for breaking wind whilst playing the National Anthem on a an elephant's scrotum. What talent!
  8. I was about to report this man for illegally wearing an Old Reptonian tie, but it might be KAR after all.

9. Got to give the guy some credit.

This was way before eBay.

Shame we can't see more of the small bald bloke, he's talking to.
  10. Well spotted that man. It is disturbingly similar!!