Medals-To engrave or not.

E

EScotia

If it's taken you 21 years to decide to ask on an internet forum whether or not to engrave a medal, will you take 21 years to implement whatever decision you (eventually) decide to make?

Some of mine are engraved, some aren't. Do I beat myself up over it? No!

I lost my GSM so got a replacement. Didn't bother getting it engraved. Its mine, its not for anyone else. Who cares. Doubt anyone will grab it to read it. Never worn it anyway & don't intend to.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
While we are on the subject, I have a minor medal predicament.

QDJM - I left the TA before picking mine up, apparently it was going to be forwarded on to me but this never happened. I was in the middle of moving house at the time and never bothered to chase it up. Anyway it appears that I may have accidentally joined up again (different mob this time) and I might need it. I contacted my old unit and they haven't a clue. I'm assuming it was left in a pigeon hole or something and got robbed/lost in the post/whatever.

So how does one apply for a replacement? Is it worth the hassle or should I just buy one off eBay for the eye watering sum of 14 quid? If I go down this route do I need to get it engraved? Are QDJMs engraved?

Quite frankly I'm not overly bothered but one doesn't want to be incorrectly dressed now does one?

Edited to add: Engraving question answered above. That saves some hassle.

E

EScotia

While we are on the subject, I have a minor medal predicament.

QDJM - I left the TA before picking mine up, apparently it was going to be forwarded on to me but this never happened. I was in the middle of moving house at the time and never bothered to chase it up. Anyway it appears that I may have accidentally joined up again (different mob this time) and I might need it. I contacted my old unit and they haven't a clue. I'm assuming it was left in a pigeon hole or something and got robbed/lost in the post/whatever.

So how does one apply for a replacement? Is it worth the hassle or should I just buy one off eBay for the eye watering sum of 14 quid? If I go down this route do I need to get it engraved? Are QDJMs engraved?

Quite frankly I'm not overly bothered but one doesn't want to be incorrectly dressed now does one?

Edited to add: Engraving question answered above. That saves some hassle.
If you've never signed for it or received it then contact the medal office

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you've never signed for it or received it then contact the medal office
Cool stuff, is it just a case of "Hi it's ex AB/Tpr Dungtrench, service number 12345678 can I have my medal please?"

Edited to add: Just been on their website, all looks pretty straightforward. Cheers.

Cool stuff, is it just a case of "Hi it's ex AB/Tpr Dungtrench, service number 12345678 can I have my medal please?"
**** that. I got lost in a mind melt talking to mong after mong about getting a replacement through the right channels. Being a civvie now it got stupid. In the end I bought one from one of the medal suppliers that MoD use. Cost me about £15, no ******* about & arrived in 3 days. Who gives a **** if it didn't come from the right source. I don't intend bigging myself up about the outlandish displays of bravery i displayed to earn the mighty gong that is the GSM avec clasp.

Latest Threads