Medals on Rememberance Sunday

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by hepburn85, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am new to this site and wondered if someone could help me- my Father served with the British Army for 39 years and unfortunately I lost him this year but would like to wear his medals at the Rememberance Service I will be attending in Leicester.

I am aware that servicemen can wear them on their no 2's on the right side but not sure how it works for civvys?

Thanking in advance!

2. I'm no expert on the matter but i think you can wear them on the right hand side in civvies :?

3. Technically civvies can wear what they like, but if you wore them on the right hand side no-one would object.

4. Thank you for your quick replies!

5. Interesting avatar you've got there...

6. I think CQMS' avatar is more disturbing.

7. As a civilian and as the medals were not issued to you, they should be worn on the right hand side.

8. not as disturbing as Paul2005's!

Is that you???

9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's only a Celtic Cross mate. Yes I know that these guys have appropriated it in their logo, but hopefully the fact that their one is the inverse of 1_reeper's version means that they're not connected.

10. need some advice people,daughter is to lay the wreath at the rememberance parade for her army cadet det her acf is affiliated to my ex regiment is it waltish to go and support her and pay my respects in beret,blazer,shirt and regimental tie if i am not parading with the RBL, she comes from 3 generations of my family that have served in the forces and am thrilled to see her wear the hackle :D

11. Not at all mate, you earned the right!

12. Wear your father's medals with great pride, I'm sure he's proud of you too.

13. Hep, what Markintime said. But look smart, press your kit and FFS, polish the gongs and your shoes.

14. I thought that the wearing of a relative's medals on the right was restricted to those medals of someone KIA and that of a father/husband/son?

If not, what's the limit? Can I wear my deceased father's, grandfather's, 2 x great-uncles and one great-great-uncle's? (Not that I have any desire to do so you understand).

15. To put minds at rest. Avatar in no way associated with the white supremacy dudes. I thank you