Medals on ebay

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Ventress, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

2. This is a shame.
  3. im sure the marine museum will nodoubt,, buy them,,,
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You would hope so.
  5. Are these items up for sale, due to "Hard Times" and monies wanted quickly?

Sad to see old soldiers pawning off there Medals and other Memorabilia.
  6. Agreed.

That photo is to the RM and the Falklands campaign what the raising of the flag photo on Iwo Jima is to the USMC and WWII.
  7. Any rich Arrser's out there...or how about a syndicate?.

Could be kept on loan at the Museum for his kids.
  8. Would it be an idea for someone (with better knowledge of the significance and value of these collectables than me) to contact the Curator of the Royal Marines Museum at Southsea .... here:

...... to advise him/her that these items are offered on eBay?
  9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

10. I doubt it; the script looks and reads as if it was written by a dealer.

11. There are dozens of fake medals like this on Ebay I now see. Doubt these are genuine now.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So you are saying that the medals for sale are to the bootie who was carrying the radio with union flag on the antenna? (I can't access eBay due to fun police).

If they are genuine then surely the RM museum would buy them. Hasn't the bloke been on TV and in the papers quite a bit recently too?
  13. yep thats what the ebay page says shows pics of him possing with maggie thatcher ect,, in front of statue ect,,,all looks cosher.. eventhough it reads like a dealers script...its ,,jomper ,, on the buyers name too....
    im sure the rm museum will be interested,,
  14. Well £2,000 in the pocket is tempting and if you need a set then go where the Walts go and for £50 you can get a replacement set. We can all go on about how sad and in some cases bad it is, but if needs must, then the gongs must go.