Medals on blues

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Purple_Emperor, Dec 2, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got one of those little burberry style gongs they've been handing out to all and sundry this year. I've got an event coming up in the unit at which I'll be wearing No 1 dress.

As this is my first decoration of any kind, bit unsure of the etiquette, do I put medal ribbon up, miniatures or what?

2. Double check medals are to be worn for the event. Usually are worn with 1s. If so, then its the full size medal and you'll need to get it court mounted.

3. As P_E says - depends upon order of dress declared.
    As SOPs, we wear ribbons on No1, No2 dress with beckets to add full sized (court mounted) medals if we're in buff belts. Always full medals in Home Service clothing. Nothing in C95 barrack dress or greatcoat; miniatures in Mess Dress. Bottle of port if you get it wrong / forget. :)

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Medals to be worn for church parades or when otherwise directed. Removed when entering the Mess etc.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Differs from Regt to Regt, so check with you CSM/SSM/Adj., get your gong court mounted immediately though, you'll need to eventually anyway and the lead time can be nasty.