Medals on Blazers? Win me Ten phlegs! (No Duff No Wah)

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by catchyerselfon, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right you old gets, do me a favour and please put something to rest at work.
    Do your Regimental Blazers have Loops for your medals a la No 2 Jkts?

Or are they pinned through?

There is a Naafi break brew and a shiny Ten in it for one of us.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Mounted on a bar that slots into the breast pocket. Job done. :D
  3. Ok, I will try to answer this one. For the best effect I do this:

Take two safety pins, they do not need to be very big, and to small metal rings.

push the safety pins through the jacket from the inside and attach the two rings one on each.

You now have two metal loops on the front of your jacket through which the pin on your medal bar can go through to attach it to the jacket.

The rings should be set at such a height that ther bottom edge of the medals touch the top of the breast pocket.

The method provides a firm foundation for the medals and negates the need for loops to be sewn on. It also stops you having to push the very large medal broach bar pin through the jacket and leaving large holes.

I am reliably informed that this is how members of the Royal Household mount theirs and it works for me.
  4. No Duff No wah
    Never seen one up close. oldbaldy, you have thrown us both!
  5. It is starting to be a bit of problem actually the cut of my blazer does struggle to cope with the weight. I might have to look at a more robust material or some sort of reinforcement/scaffolding type arrangement around the back.

In addition I wonder, is it a possible war pension type claim, "injuries attributable to service" etc all that weight on one side must have some knock on effect surely

6. Try one of these:

If that link doesn't take you straight to the page go to the military medals bit then click on accessories. They slip straight into your pocket and saves the hassle of holes!
  7. Think the RBL do something. There was a thread on here a longish while back by someone wanting/needing to wear their medals on a suit/blazer/morning dress and how to mount all his bling
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

That's the badger.
  9. Well there you go, every day a school day!
    You all look good however you do it by the way.
  10. You could always ask Baron James Shortt how he mounts all his medals.
  11. Works for me as well
  12. This might might help you on uniforms ribbons were sown onto jacket just above the left pocket and loops were sown just above the ribbons.
    Someone complained about the weight,well just think about howmany of the old soldiers in cluding the Gurkhas has.Them guys got more medals than you can shake a stick at.