Medals in the correct Order

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Baghdad-Brit, Apr 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am not overloaded with medals and will probably have to wait a couple of years for my Telic gong but what order are they worn in?

I only have GSM, Queen's Jubilee and Telic (no jibes please about war dodging, white feathers, etc etc).

Is there any official site that can help?

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Try DCIs. When a medal is anounced, I'm pretty sure it gives strict guidance on its precedence relative to other Medals.
  3. This has been discussed somewhere on the site before, but the answer was:

GSM, Iraq Medal, Jubilee Medal.

This follows the principle that you wear operational service medals in the order you get them, and that these are followed by long service and commemorative medals.
  4. yes and this has already been done in detail on ARRSE, sorry I dont have time to find the links.

Regtl tailors should not be relied on (necessarily) to get it right.

Obviously a commercial service, but Worcestershire Medal Services have all the warrants and in my experience take great care to get it right.

edit: posted before I saw cp's reply
  5. Thanks chaps - sorry for the repetition.
  6. Sorry B-Brit didnt notice it was you! Entirely fair question and was just giving a quick answer.
  7. This comes up at least once every month or so!

Correct Order id stated in QR's & Mat Regs.

QR version is easer to read:

Campain Medals are worn in order awarded. So if you gained your GSM before your Op Telic the order is:

GSM, Iraq (Op Telic) Medal, Queens Golden Jubilee Medal.

Unless you tell any tailor the correct dates of awards, They cannot even start to sort out para 6.

Prehaps this chart should be pinned somewhere.