Medals for funeral??

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Soldiersmudge, May 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I have never worn No2s or FAD to a funeral. My Mother passed away last week so i will be wearing mine. I was wondering if it is just the bars or do u wear medals too?? Thanks again
  2. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

It's a personal choice. By that I mean the whole uniform thing. I only wore mine because my old man was ex-PARA so it seemed fitting that my brother and I would don the monkey suits avec gongs.

Edited to add my condolences.
  3. Condolences mate.

Wear your medals with pride. No one can possibly criticise you for doing so on such a day.
  4. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I echo afghanman...
  5. If she was proud that you were in the Mob, wear it with equal pride.
  6. I imagine your mum swelled with pride when she saw you in full bling so why not. You'd have to be a proper jack c*nt to have a go at someone for that.
  7. I did for my brother's recent funeral, in a faraway land, at the request of his widow. Caused a drgree of excitement amongst some of the mourners and featured in the local media as he was a bit of a local 'wheel'.
  8. I wore mine to my mums and nobody said a thing about it, apart from our tailor who said about going to the clothing stores for a black armband to go with it.
  9. Wear them. I was in the same position 3 years ago and my family asked me to wear uniform and medals. My mother was very proud of my service.
  10. Wear them and stand tall.

My condolences.
  11. Bling it up, but try to get hold of a black armband via SSM/CSM/QM. Condolences.
  12. I think it's a bit of a strange one to a degree, but as everybody else says, it's your mum. Again, if it was dad, brother etc same thing. If she was proud of your choices in life, then make her proud once again by wearing them.
  13. Do it mate, I wore mine to my old mans funeral and got some very appreciative looks from the old and bold who where in attendance, and condolences to you and yours.
  14. Wear what your Mum would have wanted you to wear, **** anyone else, if it would have pleased your Mum then that's all that counts.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. phil245

phil245 LE Book Reviewer

condolences to you and yours.