Medals for funeral??

Hi I have never worn No2s or FAD to a funeral. My Mother passed away last week so i will be wearing mine. I was wondering if it is just the bars or do u wear medals too?? Thanks again

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
It's a personal choice. By that I mean the whole uniform thing. I only wore mine because my old man was ex-PARA so it seemed fitting that my brother and I would don the monkey suits avec gongs.

Edited to add my condolences.

I imagine your mum swelled with pride when she saw you in full bling so why not. You'd have to be a proper jack c*nt to have a go at someone for that.

I did for my brother's recent funeral, in a faraway land, at the request of his widow. Caused a drgree of excitement amongst some of the mourners and featured in the local media as he was a bit of a local 'wheel'.

I wore mine to my mums and nobody said a thing about it, apart from our tailor who said about going to the clothing stores for a black armband to go with it.

Wear them. I was in the same position 3 years ago and my family asked me to wear uniform and medals. My mother was very proud of my service.

Bling it up, but try to get hold of a black armband via SSM/CSM/QM. Condolences.

I think it's a bit of a strange one to a degree, but as everybody else says, it's your mum. Again, if it was dad, brother etc same thing. If she was proud of your choices in life, then make her proud once again by wearing them.

Do it mate, I wore mine to my old mans funeral and got some very appreciative looks from the old and bold who where in attendance, and condolences to you and yours.

phil245

LE
Book Reviewer
condolences to you and yours.

Wear what your Mum would have wanted you to wear, **** anyone else, if it would have pleased your Mum then that's all that counts.
If your mum was into S&M I wouldnt suggest wearing whatever would have made her happy.

The gas mask and leather romper suit will raise eyebrows and a butt plug can become uncomfortable when sat on those church pews.

If your mum was into S&M I wouldnt suggest wearing whatever would have made her happy.

The gas mask and leather romper suit will raise eyebrows and a butt plug can become uncomfortable when sat on those church pews.
Steven Seagull you are a ****

Condolences to the OP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shamus Current Affairs, News and Analysis 17
Gas Gas Gas Current Affairs, News and Analysis 32
I The Intelligence Cell 3