Medals (arrse not real)

Just wondering (no, I'm not going to post a load of Sihte to up mu post no.) how mant posts you need for each medal and where the donation medals come into it and also I've seen some medals with a small feather/ bar on them? Arrsepedia doesn't seem to be able to shed much light. I'm really just curious! :?

I'm intrigued.
I thought I'd paid for them through paypal like all my others.
it's not based on donations to the beer fund then?
Scratch

er.. who didn't read far enough down the Wiki page?
I'll get my coat

Scratcher90 said:
I'm intrigued.
Scratch
That oak leaf on the end and the fact that you got 5 as soon as you donated comes from contribution to the beer fund (currently the 'new server fund'). Otherwise they build up based on number of posts. We don't have the technology to do both - ie. let them build up, plus put an oak leaf on the end of the last one. So donate and you get the lot.

Thanks by the way Scratcher :)

Well the old servers did my head in. I have bunged you a bit of cash for a nice shiny gong. Spend the cash on microchips or beer: either should help the site run smoothly. :)

qwert5187 said:
I did look, it just didn't say how many posts are required for each medal
Ching ching saveloy.

Look at my medals, look at the link that tells you how to get them.

Good CO said:
Scratcher90 said:
I'm intrigued.
Scratch
That oak leaf on the end and the fact that you got 5 as soon as you donated comes from contribution to the beer fund (currently the 'new server fund'). Otherwise they build up based on number of posts. We don't have the technology to do both - ie. let them build up, plus put an oak leaf on the end of the last one. So donate and you get the lot.

Thanks by the way Scratcher :)
For the hard of hearing.

qwert5187 said:
Weel, I know it's 10 for 1 and I would guess 50 for 2
0 - 9 posts - no medals
10 - 49 posts - one medal
50 - 99 posts - two medals
100 - 499 posts - three medals
500 - 999 posts - four medals
1000 onwards - five medals

Blimey I'm in a helpful mood this morning. Nurse! My medication!

0 - 9 posts - no medals
10 - 49 posts - one medal
50 - 99 posts - two medals
100 - 499 posts - three medals
500 - 999 posts - four medals
1000 onwards - five medals
Don't mean to upset anyone, but going by the above, I should have a swisher. It seems I'm not the only one, so have the rules changed or what?

Don't mean to upset anyone, but going by the above, I should have a swisher. It seems I'm not the only one, so have the rules changed or what?
Yes, as you may be aware the site underwent a major upgrade recently and the virtual medals issue is being fine tuned by the bosses of this place as we speak.

You may borrow one of mine.

Thanks for the offer, even a swisher is better than a wisher! Seriously though, been away a while and still trying to get to grips with the new and improved arrse, good effort overall though, keep up the good work.

According to todays keysetting the quoted message to soon_to_be_a_civvie decodes as ;

"If you had bothered to use the current thread entitled New Site - To do's, wants and problems rather than resurrecting an ancient thread then you might get a satisfactory answer". I think he also said something about a "******* ****" but I may be mistaken.

Glad to have been of help.

According to todays keysetting the quoted message to soon_to_be_a_civvie decodes as ;

"If you had bothered to use the current thread entitled New Site - To do's, wants and problems rather than resurrecting an ancient thread then you might get a satisfactory answer". I think he also said something about a "******* ****" but I may be mistaken.

Glad to have been of help.
I had "moronic nonce", but I was working off yesterday's 2B settings!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mark3536 ARRSE: Site Issues 15
bigeye The NAAFI Bar 192
oldgadge The NAAFI Bar 22