• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Medals anyone ?

bit of a sad thread really and I apologise for any regs reading that think I am a **** but ....

I served 9 years in the RAF ( thats not the cunty bit )

I have been in the TA since 97

Under TA regs I think I am entitled to a long cervix medal after 12 years

Is there some way I can carry across time already served toward my TA LSGC

Or would the fact I was on charges twice in the crabs shoot that idea down in flames

Dont get me started on the golden jubilee medal

dont get me wrong I dont want to prance around like a twat with choccy medals on my C95 at rememberance , but if I'm entitled to something then I like to have it


Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nothing sad about getting what you are entitled to but:

The Volunteer and Reserve Service Medal (VRSM) is awarded for 10 years Volunteer/Reserve Service and is tri-service. Former Regular Service does not count. FTRS or Mobilised service does.

You will have to stag on for another couple of years.

The qualifying period for the Territorial Efficiancy Medal was 12 years, but you needed 6 years (+) service prior to 97/98 to continue to qualify.

You can look the full regs up in your unit office.

Latest Threads