Medals anyone ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar69, Mar 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bit of a sad thread really and I apologise for any regs reading that think I am a **** but ....

I served 9 years in the RAF ( thats not the cunty bit )

I have been in the TA since 97

Under TA regs I think I am entitled to a long cervix medal after 12 years

Is there some way I can carry across time already served toward my TA LSGC

Or would the fact I was on charges twice in the crabs shoot that idea down in flames

Dont get me started on the golden jubilee medal

dont get me wrong I dont want to prance around like a twat with choccy medals on my C95 at rememberance , but if I'm entitled to something then I like to have it
  2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Nothing sad about getting what you are entitled to but:

The Volunteer and Reserve Service Medal (VRSM) is awarded for 10 years Volunteer/Reserve Service and is tri-service. Former Regular Service does not count. FTRS or Mobilised service does.

You will have to stag on for another couple of years.

The qualifying period for the Territorial Efficiancy Medal was 12 years, but you needed 6 years (+) service prior to 97/98 to continue to qualify.

You can look the full regs up in your unit office.
  3. I belive that previous time served does count for this medal but, for some inexplicable reason, it is halved, so th e9 years full tome only counts as 4.5 part time :? I'm sure someone will enlighten me on the facts of this case.

Evidence, not musch but please read what it says about the VRSM on this page