Medals (Again)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HEART_STOPPER, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a response to "how long for Telic medals"
    As we normally slag off the medal office I would just like to congratulate them on a job well done. :thumleft:
    One of our young Spr's arrived in Iraq on the 10th Oct and finished his tour with us on the 11th Nov (only just making it for his medal).
    Well today it arrived and with christmas leave etc I was just wondering if this is a record.

2. I would just like to congratulate whoever is in charge for making me wait over 2 years for my Telic medal and still no idea when its coming!

Cheers

3. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

In a few months, it'll be four years since I came home from the sandpit and still no recognition.

4. Christ fellas did you s**t on the chief clerks desk or what
    4 f**king years mate ring them up yourself (im sure someone here will know the number) and just confirm that they have received your bid. Christ that takes the biscuit is 4 years the longest time untall guy are you the official arrse "I've been jacked on waiting for my medal" winner.

5. your gong probably hasnt even been applied for, its pretty usual for noone to bid for it if you were attached to a unit other than your own for the deployment.
    Whenever any of my troops return I always get the Ord Sgt to whack in a bid ASAP.

6. I received mine on sunday from the admin office "sign here". That was for telic 1.

Should the rank on the medal be the rank you were when you qualified for the medal or at the time of issue???

7. Should read the rank held when the medal was awarded

8. I'd keep an eye on your record of service, when JPA arrives this may not transfer hence blokes may loose days towards ACSM etc..

9. rank you were when you qualified for it (ie 30 days after ariving in theatre)