MedalMounting/Display

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hector_Chavez_V, Feb 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (I know it's the NAAFI was having a moment and couldnt find the right place to drop this.)

It's my best pals 35th next month and a few surprises are in store. I have managed to get his Grandad's gongs for him (they were close) as his Grandad had never bothered applying. 6 have arrived and theres an MBE to add to them thast he got when he worked in the civil service.

1 - Does the MBE get mounted first? ill put some pennies in the pot.

2 - I am hoping to get them frames with a small picture of his Grandad at either end , one as a civvy one as a soldier. Instead of chancing it I'd rather go with a supplier who one of you've used to satisfaction.

Anyone know a decent display maker?

Cheers big ears.

HCV

2. Cheers, 5 minutes and problem solved :)

3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Get MittMayo to court mount them and I'll get them put in a Gucci display cabinet.

I'll PM you a photo of the ones I did for my grandpappy and the old fella who used to tickle my walnut on my paper round

• Like Like x 3
  4. cool ill go for that mate

5. Looks like you posted in the right place after all! The NAAFI Bar, ladies and gentlemen: It's not just for homophobic abuse any more...

6. But in the words of the late, great Bill Hicks..

....................'there'll be dick jokes along in a minute folks'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have you got yours mounted in a display cabinet? Must have been cheap with a display cabinet the size of a fag packet! :)

8. Fancy a bum?