medal wind up

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by scousemech, Jul 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think you will find these are what is termed 'Commemorative medals', with a portion of the purchae price being donated to such as RBL, or SSAFA. They may not be worn with uniform, but I believe they are sometimes worn at such events as Old Comrades parades, and in which case should be worn on the right breast, not the left. Others on this forum will be able to answer this one better than me, but I beleive it has been covered at some length quite recently, so a search should produce results.
  2. Waltenkommando Standing Orders insist you wear as many of these as you can afford!!
  3. Fantastic Im buying sh1tloads anything to get me free beer
  4. Wot, no Legion Of Fronteersmen Medal?
  5. Interesting how most of these medals are for the old timers who have a shit load of medals anyway? Who spend your pension on more? I wonder if theres a I didn`t do a bloody thing during my National Service Medal? Or I spent 22 years in the Army and never deployed anywhere? I bet these guys out there who`d qualify for this one!!!!!!!
  6. I think thats who these 'commemorative' medals are aimed at.
  7. Medal wind up?? The Queens Golden Jubilee Medal springs to mind!!!!!!!!!!!! Can`t wait for her next jubilee, what crazy citeria will they have for that one???
  8. Did the Queens Jub not come free with 5 years worth of frosties tokens!!!

9. QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  10. I really don’t see what is wrong with these medals other than you have to buy them!. In MHO, they really are medals that the Government should have issued in the first place! My father was at Dunkirk and very lucky to get out. It is only recently that there is a Dunkirk veterans medal albeit, one you have to pay for. Just staying alive to live to fight another day was enough to earn a medal! It was a very long war from Dunkirk onwards.

I would venture to say, that were all of these medals on issue, there would be no talk of Walts just a long fooking queue to pin one up. Tom's just love the tin!

Just a thought, how about some honesty here :wink: