Medal - rosette?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dan_brown, Dec 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Question for you all. I was on Op Granby and was awarded the rosette to wear with my ribbon. However, the other day i saw someone wearing the Op Granby medal and noticed he had the rosette sewn onto the medal ribbon.

I have never done this in the many parades i have attended; should i have a rosette sewn on the medal ribbon as well as on my jacket ribbon?

Make sense? lol!
  2. The rosette is only worn on the medal ribbon (as sown on to your No2 Jacket) this to denote that you have a bar on the medal it is not worn on the mounted medal with the bar!!!

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

IIRC correctly the only medal that has a rosette on the ribbon of the medal (as oppossed to the ribbon bar sewn on your tunic etc) is the South Atlantic Medal where the rosette indicates service in the war zone as opposed to a supporting role.

On the GRANBY and TELIC medals it is only indicates the award of a bar as it does on service medals (LSGC TD, VRSM).
  4. And the OSM for Sierra Leone! (Op Barras only). The reason people sew the rosette onto the medal itself is because they think it looks ally when in fact they look like cunts.
  5. I'm glad your back mate. Was it nice wherever you went?
  6. Hi BA, I am not sure I understand the distinction you are making. The clasp (not bar) for the Gulf and Iraq medals denotes service in a defined area during the qualifying period, with the rosette indicating the same thing when the ribbon alone is worn. Same system for the South Atlantic Medal, except that the SAM has no clasp only the rosette.