• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Medal Ribbon

#1
I am trying to identify a Medal from a piece of ribbon.

The ribbon is predominantly yellow, with 1 narrow dark green stripe down the centre, and 1 narrow black stripe down each edge.

Any ideas - please help :?

Thanks
 
#7
Yes, more than likely because it has a British Nato Stock Number on the bag. CA 8455 99 135 6243 - any suppliers out there able to identify?
 
#9
Fetch_Felix said:
Yes, more than likely because it has a British Nato Stock Number on the bag. CA 8455 99 135 6243 - any suppliers out there able to identify?
Hi Felix, I think it is a Royal Brunei Armed Forces medal ribbon...when I get into work tommorow I shall ask one of the locals. From the days of old they still use the same UK codification system for catalogueing so the number might well comply.
 
#10
Check your PMs for someone who may be able to help.
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#13
Fetch_Felix said:
I am trying to identify a Medal from a piece of ribbon.

The ribbon is predominantly yellow, with 1 narrow dark green stripe down the centre, and 1 narrow black stripe down each edge.

Any ideas - please help :?

Thanks
Can you tell us where you found it?

Tied round an old oak tree maybe?

I'll get me coat.
 
#14
Not the old Africa General Service Medal ribbon is it? Last issued during the 1950s Mau Mau campaign in Kenya.
 
#15
sandy_boots said:
This one?



I don't know either - that's why I asked on British Medals Forum
It's the Africa General Service Ribbon 1902 - 1956. The last clasp awarded was the the Mau Mau emergency and the clasp reads KENYA.
 
#16
intli said:
sandy_boots said:
This one?



I don't know either - that's why I asked on British Medals Forum
It's the Africa General Service Ribbon 1902 - 1956. The last clasp awarded was the the Mau Mau emergency and the clasp reads KENYA.
Still not sure that is the one, this link clearly shows that medal to have a thicker border line and 2 green stripes down the middle...not 1.
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Medals/Africa.htm
 
#17
Yeah, not that one. Ventress reckons it definitely isn't British.

Possibly a variant of the Africa GSR, such as an Aussie GSR or something?
 
#18
intli said:
sandy_boots said:
This one?



I don't know either - that's why I asked on British Medals Forum
It's the Africa General Service Ribbon 1902 - 1956. The last clasp awarded was the the Mau Mau emergency and the clasp reads KENYA.
No. The Africa GSM ribbon has thicker black stripes and two green stripes. See here
 
#19
Solon_of_Athens said:
intli said:
sandy_boots said:
This one?



I don't know either - that's why I asked on British Medals Forum
It's the Africa General Service Ribbon 1902 - 1956. The last clasp awarded was the the Mau Mau emergency and the clasp reads KENYA.
No. The Africa GSM ribbon has thicker black stripes and two green stripes. See here
It is definitely not the AGSM 1902 pattern. Checked my Medals of Brunei chart and can't see one like it although given green black and yellow are favoured colours for Sultanate medals not a bad first shout. Currently stumped...but still digging!
 
#20
Has anyone with suitable accsess tried running the NSN through the system?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Medals 18
seanbean Medals 4
C Medals 4

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top