Medal Ribbon Rosette

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Santa_Sunday, Aug 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mornin' all,

I need to get hold of a rosette to put on one of my ribbons on my service dress. The medal came with the rosette but like a tit, I lost it (the rosette - not the medal).

I've had a quick squint on Ebay and found rosettes attached to the Afghanistan ribbon for about 8 notes. All I need is the rosette that is probably worth about 5p.

Any clues where I can get a cheap rosette please? All local avenues (tailors, QMs, PRI) have been tried.

Much obliged,

SS

2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

3. Cheers RP,

As I say, I tried the tailors. They've got everything except a rosette!

I'll give that website a go.

4. Santa Sunday

I really don't give a sh*t that you've lost the rosette.

But, damn, the gif of the nice young lady putting her top on is awesome and has really brightened up my morning.

Thank you

:-0

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 3
  5. Further to the above. I have seen muppets wearing rosettes on the full medal ribbon. See the extract from dress regulations below. Other than a couple of exceptions (The Falklands and Sierra Leone), where a bar or clasp has been awarded and is fitted to the medal it would be incorrect to wear the rosette:

Wearing of emblems on medal ribbons
    15. The only emblems which may be worn on a United Kingdom medal ribbon, whether the medal itself is worn
    or not, are:
    a. The bronze oak leaf denoting a Mention-in-Despatches, Queen’s Commendation for Brave Conduct or
    Queen’s Commendation for Valuable Service in the Air awarded prior to September 1993.
    b. The silver oak leaf denoting a Mention-in-Despatches awarded since September 1993.
    c. The silver laurel spray denoting a Queen’s Commendation for Bravery awarded since September
    d. The silver eagle denoting a Queen’s Commendation for Bravery in the Air awarded since September
    e. The silver oak leaf spray denoting a Queen’s Commendation for Valuable Service.
    f. The rose emblem denoting the award of a bar or clasp, or specially authorised for the South Atlantic
    Medal and the Operational Service Medal – Sierra Leone.

6. I assume that your require a rosette for the ribbon denoting your Op TELIC medal with campaign clasp. I lost the rosette too, but Costellos sorted me out with a rosette for 0-55p incl. p&p. I am sure that Ian Costello will be able to help.

7. That's not very nice is it....??

9. Santa, I realised that once I re-read your original post.

Don't know your unit or location but if there are any other units in your area you should ask your clothing stores to approach their QMs Dept to help out. They should be held by the clothing store and only cost pennies.

10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Ask Mitt Mayo,On here best Medal,ribbons man in the UK.

11. What young lady?.......I prefer watching little Timmy Cahill!

12. Well said JD.

Some very kind ARRSER emailed me before and he's going to stick one in the post to me....

13. send me a pm, I've got hundreds