Medal Recoverd

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by flyinghussar, Jun 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :D Hi guys just a quickie to help restore a little faith in human nature. Last Monday 18th I posted on another site the fact that 3 generations of medals were stolen from me in 1994 and gave brief details. Later that day I had a private message requesting further details about my GSM N. Ireland and any police report etc that I had. I duly supplied the information and low and behold the contact had bought my GSM five years previously from a member of an online auction site. The seller was not many miles from the original place of theft and the buyer was at the time not aware the medal was stolen. The medal has been returned to me less than a week after the original contact. I think that is pretty special on all counts. Naturally the person who has returned it ex ex services and had also served in N.I. Hussarrrrrrrrr
  2. Restores confidence in human nature well done that man.
  3. It fair warms the cockles of the old heart, but sadly a rare event in this day and age.
  4. If he is a professional in dealing with medals is this not worth a plug on here?
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Nice to see the medal and owner reunited. Human faith restored for 10 minutes!