• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Medal recognition

I reckon from left to right
1 Some sort of Nato medal
2 Could either be a Afghan medal
3 LSGC
$ QGJM

Barrack Room Lawyer said:
I reckon from left to right
1 Some sort of Nato medal
2 Could either be a Afghan medal
3 LSGC
$ QGJM
I think you deserve a prize for getting that far, considering the state of the picture.

Got a feeling, left to right looking at the pic:
1) NATO Non Article 5 Medal plus Bar
2) Looks remarkably like the Cadet Forces Medal
3) Operational Service Afganistan, with Bar
4) Gueens Golden Jubilee Medal

Nah. Cadet Medal would be after the OSM.

1 - NATO
2 - ***I am not sure - it cannot be op telic and it is too light for the GSM BUT - it could be (yellow sides and the three stripes in the middle - a reason for it - it could have been mounted in the wrong order)
3 - OSM Afghan
4 - QGJM

Why do you ask?

Left to Right

Kosovo
Telic (not Telic 1 as no bar)
Afghanistan
Battle of Golden Jubilee

Not sure about the Telic one but pretty sure of the other 3.

It is not Telic, looks like the Iraq Reconstruction Service Medal.

Non Article 5 NATO
IRSM
It looks to red for Afghan OSM (OSM Congo perhaps?) or LSGC (if so they are in the wrong order
QGJM

Attachments

themaadone said:
1 - NATO
2 - ***I am not sure - it cannot be op telic and it is too light for the GSM BUT - it could be (yellow sides and the three stripes in the middle - a reason for it - it could have been mounted in the wrong order)
3 - OSM Afghan
4 - QGJM

Why do you ask?
Why can't it be the Telic medal? If it was, why would it necessarily be in the wrong order? Thousands of people have done Iraq before Afghanistan.

Looks to me like:

*NATO NA5
*Iraq Medal (Because central strip is correct width to be the 3 inner stripes and appears to be darker on the lefthand side as you look at it)
*OSM Afghan (Because the bar is lower on the ribbon than the LSGC and the medal itself appears to be mounted on a straighter bar than that of the LSGC)
*QGJ (I think we all agree on this one)

Pic looks to be a magnified image of minatures on mess dress.

Why do you need to know JH?

I know it has been a long time but did no one think to suggest to the original poster that a clearer picture would be a good idea ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robinrocket111 Medals 62
billybongo The Intelligence Cell 2
SilsoeSid Aviation 3