Medal query

Vet in local tescos wearing NI and granby medals... With a cross under a red white and blue ribbon and a gold medals with gold ribbon and purple stripe, he says its QGJM..

Anyone know? Never seen it before

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

He's got 2 gizzits mate by the sounds of things . You buy them off the tinterweb comemorative medals don't know why they do it . His GSM and Op Granby more than merits a doff of your cap in my eyes.

Thanks for that.. had never seen it before and he had no idea there was another QGJM.. and it was a UN gong not granby.. my bad

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

They have Vets in Tesco now? I knew they sold clothes and electrical items but FFS, Is there anything they don't do?

Dr. Farnon, I presume. You'd best check the bar code though if you want to pick up that one; I'm sure he's gone past his "best buy" date. ;-)

You buy them off the tinterweb comemorative medals don't know why they do it .
I lay the blame soley at the marketing tactics of the companies that sell them, Award being the worst. I attended a private memorial service yesterday with my grandfather, and 90% of the WWII era vets were wearing at least 1 commemorative. Most of the seem to think that because it's in the regimental magazine, and they have to send their details off, they're "eligible".

Only one guy there seemed to realise, he was wearing a National Service Medal on the right hand side of his blazer, on it's own, and I thought there was some taste in that, it wasn't rack inflation. The British Legion are at fault there in my opinion for the over promotion of it.

At the end of the day, are you going to tell them to take them off? They're civvies now, and can wear what the **** they like, frankly, unless they're posing as something they're not. If a guy served in Suez during the "disagreement", or whatever the Government called it, and wants to wear a memento, that's down to him I guess.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I lay the blame soley at the marketing tactics of the companies that sell them, Award being the worst. I attended a private memorial service yesterday with my grandfather, and 90% of the WWII era vets were wearing at least 1 commemorative. Most of the seem to think that because it's in the regimental magazine, and they have to send their details off, they're "eligible".

Only one guy there seemed to realise, he was wearing a National Service Medal on the right hand side of his blazer, on it's own, and I thought there was some taste in that, it wasn't rack inflation. The British Legion are at fault there in my opinion for the over promotion of it.

At the end of the day, are you going to tell them to take them off? They're civvies now, and can wear what the **** they like, frankly, unless they're posing as something they're not. If a guy served in Suez during the "disagreement", or whatever the Government called it, and wants to wear a memento, that's down to him I guess.
What, like a GSM for example ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo Military History and Militaria 6
Border-Reiver Military History and Militaria 6
Rodney2q Medals 29