Medal Order

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by error_unknown, Dec 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where does the Telic medal go in relation to the QGJM? Before or after?
  2. RTFQ

Next to it, and adjacent to the others.
  3. Very helpful: I'll tell my tailor. :roll:
  4. RTFQ

Sorry, being a tw@t. I believe the jubbly medal goes last, so as you look at it from the front, the right hand side.
  5. I stand to be corrected but I think you wear campaign medals in the order you got them so Telic comes after QGJM.

Orders, Gallantry and Bravery awards take precedence and would be worn to the left of the set
  6. That's what I assumed, as the luvverly jubberly medal seems to have been issued solely to commemorate the fact that someone in the Govt thought they could raise Forces' morale by issuing a medal which looks like it came in a Christmas cracker...
  7. RTFQ

yeah but no but yeah, the jubbly isn't a campaign, so the telic takes precedence.

Simple answer - ask the adjt/RSM - they're the ones who'll get excited if you get it wrong.
  8. Lot's of cleverer people than me for this, but I think (FROM THE LEFT):
    VC / GC, Order British Empire, other Gallantry awards, operational medals in order of receipt, jubillee and commemorative, ACSM, LS&GC.
  9. The order of wear for orders, decorations and medals is laid down by the Cabinet Office and published from time to time in the London Gazette. The order is also shown on the cabinet office web-site.

But oldandcold is essentially right - don't want to steal his thunder.

You can thank No.2 for this information. He loves dressing up.
  10. you wear orders, decorations, campaign medals, jubilee medals, long service medals.

in that order

easy as

11. Pithy. But at least my answer will tell you where your Imperial Yeomanry medal should go.
  12. Chickenpunk asked:

Surely a bit early to be concerned about such detail? Given the time it's taking to issue the medal, it'll go to your next of kin.