Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medal Order

My Father-in-law has asked me to mount his father's medals on a bar to be framed with a photograph - I have a bar but am unsure of the correct order, they are:
DSM (1940)
39-45 Star
Africa Star
Atlantic Star with France & Germany bar
War Medal
Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
He also has a Civil Defence Long Service Medal and a civilian BEM for Meritorious Service - I assume these would not be mounted with the others.
Can someone verify the order, please.
Regards
M

Probably wrong, but:

DSM
BEM
1939-45 Star
Atlantic Star
Africa Star
War Medal
Civil Defence Long Service Medal
LSGC

Are "Stars" date related? I've put the Atlantic Star first because the DSM was from 1940, so presumably before he was involved in North Africa.

My Father-in-law has asked me to mount his father's medals on a bar to be framed with a photograph - I have a bar but am unsure of the correct order, they are:
DSM (1940)
39-45 Star
Africa Star
Atlantic Star with France & Germany bar
War Medal
Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
He also has a Civil Defence Long Service Medal and a civilian BEM for Meritorious Service - I assume these would not be mounted with the others.
Can someone verify the order, please.
Regards
M
Have a look here: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/62529/supplement/326

WW2: 1939-1945 Star, Atlantic Star, Arctic Star, Air Crew Europe Star, Africa Star, Pacific Star, Burma Star, Italy Star, France & Germany Star, Defence Medal, Canada Volunteer Service Medal, Newfoundland Volunteer War Service Medal, War Medal, Africa Service Medal, India Service Medal, New Zealand War Service Medal, Southern Rhodesia Service Medal, Australian Service Medal

Latest Threads