Medal order of wear

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Admin burden, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I need a little help regarding order of wear for my gongs I have
    had a couple of different answers and my CoC are none the wiser.

I served previously with the Australian Army and now have a mixture of British and Australian medals .
    If someone could give me the Gen I would appreciate it.

3 Australian campaign medals and ADM
    2 UK campaign medals

Should I wear my 2 uk medals followed by my 4 Australian ones

Or should the campaign medals regardless of nationality be worn in order of date won followed by my ADM ?
  2. UK Medals first
    AUS medals second (unless any are for gallantry in which case they will be the same/similar to the UK ones and should be ahead of the operational campaign medals)
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

big ones first, little ones next and chocolate ones last.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. I wear mine all at the same time
    • Like Like x 3
  5. That is the correct order.
  6. I will be due the diamond jubilee medal next year too so does that go ahead of Australian campaign medals also ?
  7. Cheers fellas
  8. yes it does.
  9. Thanks buddy , I suspected that was the case but have seen some strange combos on ex AUS and NZ folk !
  10. in what order do i wear my gsm N.I Qeens Silver jubilee medal and T.A. Efficiency medal
  11. Don't you get them mounted? Surely the person who mounts them would know?
  12. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

The same order you listed them. GSM, QSJM, TA Efficiency.

Now pack it in please.

There's a thread at the top of this very forum with the order of wear discussed several times, but as you're new to the borough of internetshire, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
  13. Depends, is it a self-awarded QSJM? If so, it shouldn't be mounted ;)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  14. A similar question for the gathered expertese. Prior to the issue of the QDJM i had my ribbons on my SD mounted 3 on the bottom and 2 above. Now with the addition of the QDJM the tailor has mounted my ribbons 5 on the bottom and 1 above. It looks sh1t and everyone else i have seen with 6 ribbons has them mounted 4 and 2 which looks much better.
    Where is the standard set out?
  15. There is no definitive answer, it depends on the pocket on your tunic. The ribbons can now be balanced, as opposed to the old method of not exceeding the outer edge of pocket (left side of left pocket). The max I have seen per row has been five due to the recipients being big units! There is a DIN/Lug Sup Notice explaining with pictures included.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)