Medal Office Moans-Soldier Mag

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by forniup, Jan 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Read this in this months Soldier Mag.
    1,000 medals left to be assessed. LIES!!! This annoyed me as what I think they are trying to say is "we've done our job and now you are selling your medals" When really they haven't done their job otherwise this:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=25437.html
    Wouldn't be going on

2. So where's mine then? to whom do I address My formal complaint for redress then?

3. I'll sell you one on EBay ....

4. Did Op TELIC 1 and still nothing. Was it made of chocolate and melted away?!

5. Saw this article as well. What really fukcing turned me over was this little quote:

Hard work? HARD WORK? Clearly they need to learn a little more about the hard work involved in earning the medal in the first place!

6. Maybe those that have sold their medals have come on very hard time, there no good if you are on streets sleeping rough???

All they have to do is check the name on the side of the medal to find out who has had to sell theirs!

Regards
    Hitback

7. 94486 may have been approved but they havent all been issued.

8. Ich bin schtill vaiting for meine Iron Cross...

9. Ahhh, Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics.

10. Would they be even more p1ssed off if we just gave them away instead. What would i want with a medal covered in some shitty brown stains???

11. There is hope, I got my Telic 1 medal 5 weeks ago. Yes it was stained and it didn't have my Regt number on it.

12. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

Get a better one off Ebay?

Sorry, I know it just stinks. May I suggest that your RAO writes a letter of complaint signed by your CO, to the Defence Medal Office?

:cry:

13. The length of time it’s taken to issue, most have most likely left the services. When I finally get mine the plan is to mount it with the others then stick a group of 8 recent issue on eBay. I’m hoping for around £1000 & going on single medal sales I think it may be quite achievable for a group.

14. Not always possible; they issued quite a few out with no engraving. My boss has one.