Medal of Honour

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by El_Pato, Dec 23, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that the mods have set up servers to play other games over the net. However I wouldn't mind having a pop at a couple of the people on this via Medal of Honour.

Is this possible, or do you have to purchase software to run this sort of thing. I don't think I have a static IP address on my home internet connection or I would do it myself.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I would imagine that MOH is the same as most other games in that the game 'out of the box' contains all the necessary bits to host a server. The two main issues are likely to be your own PC's speed and the speed of your connection. So, if you are on any form of dial up then it isn't worth bothering! A static IP is useful but not essential.

I don't play MOH but check out online and I'm sure that you'll find a site that explains how to do it. When you've got it working stick the IP on here and I'm sure that somebody will fancy a go...
  3. MoH requires the purchased CD to be in the PC drive whilst playing, so you do have to purchase it. You can connect to the internet with this game using the slowest connection (56k modem) or any other connection to the internet, and this allows you to play with other gamers. I'll go on-line later and see if I can create a team and then invite ARRSE's to join in (although this will probably be at the weekend, cos I'm a few hours away from the festive drink/eat/pub/party period).
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I normally have a bash on Gamespy and it suites me fine- plenty of dying anyway!