Medal of Honour - Taliban Ban.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Xoums, Oct 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will they be banning "microsoft flight Simulator" because it allows you to fly a plane into the World Trade Centre?
  2. Could you not choose to play as Gerry in the first Medal of Honor games, no-one seemed to mind then?
  3. Michael Yon put this in his FaceBook Page a few weeks ago expecting every serving and former U.S. Serviceman/Woman to be in uproar, he got the opposite reaction, with many serving Military Personnel commenting that it is only a game, they enjoy playing it in their spare time and not to get so upset about a game, many former WWII, Korea and Vietnam Vets also commented about the amount of games out there on WWII, Korea, Vietnam etc. there were however many (mainly Family and friends of serving soldiers by the looks!) who were distraught about it... You could say the same about Modern Warfare as you can be an American or British Squaddie one minute and a shemagh donning bad guy the next...
  4. I quite enjoyed walking round "Terminal" on COD, and wasting all the civvies.....that doesn't make me a terrorist.

I was a bit gutted that there were no options to get the kids to kneel, so you could execute them properly.
  5. Bugger all that time playing CM:SF and Arma 2 will land me a prison sentance!
  6. IIRC, they've changed the name of the Taliban to "Opposing Insurgents" or something ridiculous.
  7. they have changed it to "Opfor"....I do not think they should of let themselves be swayed by the powers at be on this one, it seems like a very authoritarian and right wing stance to take regarding a video game. It is after all a form of freedom of expression. The secretary for defence taking an open stance to ban a video game really seems petty and to me a real lack of understanding and just a poor attempt to suck up to war veterans. Either way no publicity is bad publicity, I'm sure that now there will be a few extra thousands of young disaffected youths that had no idea of the games existence that will be buying the game to play out their fantasies. The rest of us will just enjoy the game for what it is, a very good fps.
    ps: Open Beta is available on Steam.
  8. I've got a 360, so I'm to wait until Oct. 15th to get my hands on gameplay.
  9. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Been living under a rock? Foxy came out with this shite months ago. Originally he was whining about British forces in the game, when there are none. Quality research, doc, you prat.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Edit: Just noticed it's the same 6 week old article...
  10. yea its kinda old news....but only found out about it today.

I'm not an avid reader of the Torriegraph so found out through the EA games website.Been playing the beta for a few days now, its a good cross between Cod and Bf2bc2, I'm a fan.
  11. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Furry muff.

Do you reckon Foxy knows that British Forces train on commercial computer games, often purposely taking the role of Taliban fighters, as part of MST? The guy's a fucking moron, much like the other people who jump on this type of outrage bus. LF is concerned more about soundbytes than making sense.