Medal Mounting

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by TheCheerfulSubbie, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon All,

My Dad has recently found my Grandfathers old WW2 medals and I was thinking of getting them cleaned up and displayed in a case or frame for him. I know there are a lot of companies out there on the internet offering this service but I wouldn't want to send them off to just any old firm....

Is there a company that fellow ARRSERS use that comes highly recommended? What's the usual price to pay, and is there any comeback if they get lost or mislaid? There isn't a lot of military history in our family, so I wouldn't want them to get lost!

Many thanks for any advice.

TCS

2. Try here

mess dress

Cheap, professional and a 2 day turn around by post.

3. Yep, messdress is your best bet. They're on the ball.

4. As a price guide it cost me £69 for 8 full size and 8 miniatures to be mounted. That included the purchase of a miniature and p+p. Sent them off on a monday and had them back on wednesday. Top service.

5. Many thanks everyone. Will be nice to see Grandads medals in all their glory again.

TCS

6. ...but just now...
    FJ, are you bipolar? :wink:

8. Agreed. Messdress did an excellent job with 2 sets for me last November. Reasonable price, very quick turn round (use Special Delivery is nec.) and quality work.

9. No, but i have to get my full size and miniature medals mounted somewhere and i can't do them myself!

and yes i had to graft to earn mine unlike some! 8)

10. Hi i do the Medal Mounting in the Tidworth Area. £4 per Medal All New Ribbons and Polished!!! Can have them back to you the following day!! I can also do the Ribbons on your number two's and any WW1 & WW2 Medals.

If you need miniatures they start from around £7 each!!!!

My flyers are around the following Regt's Guardrooms and Messes

1 RHA
    KRH
    Royal Welsh
    Staffords
    26 Engineers
    6 BN Reme
    1 Mech Bde

RMP Bulford