Medal Mounting

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taffnp, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Almost time to get the old medals out for Rememberance day. Does anyone know of anyone who mounts them cheaply ?

2. Try Messdress.com. Excellent service and very reasonable.

3. just looked at those, so will probably use them
    thanks

4. Mess Dress . com royally fecked up mine last time I sent them and I had to pay through the nose to have them done again at short notice.

They looked shabby, were squewed and got worse because of the torsion exerted by the stitching.

I for one wont be using them again.

5. Mess Dress . com royally fecked up mine last time I sent them and I had to pay through the nose to have them done again at short notice.

They looked shabby, were squewed and got worse because of the torsion exerted by the stitching.

I for one wont be using them again.

6. Taff,

We have a guy here that does a pro job and has all the right bits and bobs - much cheaper than anywhere else. The only prob I can foresee is depending on where you are - postage costs etc (provided you use Spec Delivery).

PM me if you want to know more.

Regards,

J

7. I have found that cheaply mounted medals look just that-cheap. I have just had mine done my Raymond Holdich, not cheap but beautifully done.

8. Agreed, avoid this company. Mate of mine used them and the standard of workmanship was pretty shoddy, to say the least.

9. Far from cheap but they do look good.

10. You may be out of time because they are very slow, but I had mine court mounted by Worcestershire Medal Service and they did a cracking job for the price.

Add at least a week on to the time they claim they will do them in.

http://www.worcmedals.com/dsShop.aspx?shopid=1

11. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

You fucking deviants will mount anything, won't you? Gingers, corpses... small brass chest-ornaments.

13. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Sgt Slingsby or the medals sites?