Medal Mounting

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by trainhard, Jul 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where i can get my medals court mounted for less than £30 for 7 ?

2. depends where you are, one of the girls who used to work with me, her husband court mounts full size and mimiature gongs (as a hobby), very professional and dead cheap, they now live in Catterick.
    drop me a line if thats any use to you and ill pass on her work tel. no.

3. Try your unit's tailoress. You never know...

4. If youre in NI go to the tailors in Thiepval Bks they do them for free, or join the SAS they also get them mounted for free.

5. Glover and Riding on Queens Ave in Aldershot are expensive, £55 for 7, disgusting

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Glover and Riding are just expensive!

7. and miserable with it, they make you feel like theyre doing you a favour

8. There is a certain signal regt that get free court mounting due to the foresight of the last CO. my regt tailor will swing mont free, so next time round that is what I am having and if anyone says that it doesn't conform with Corps regs they will be invited to pay for it or to push off

9. Er...does anyone know where I can get a medal? :oops:

10. Seven medals, Jesus, I have'nt even got one after 21 years!!

11. Don't worry Sailor...we'll have a whip round for you. Jubillee Medal anyone?

12. Sailor, you must be a naughty boy, not even long distance and not being caught medal?

13. 7 medals! What are you american or a boy scout?? :lol:

14. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

My Dad mounts medals as a hobby.

£5 per medal (full size)

£2 per minature

He puts a 12 month garuntee on them too, so if you need any repairs doing on them (eg, too much mess rugby) then he'll repair them for free.