MEDAL MOUNTING

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by trainhard, Jul 5, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know where i can get my medals mounted cheaply but looking good

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I've found it depends on what you pay is what you get, pay £5, they will look like £5 medals, it depends on how much they mean to you- if they are just another expence you can do without, go to your Unit tailors and get them to knock them up, or look in Soldier Mag, there is loads of tailors in there.

Gouldings do mine as I like to have well mounted medals!- But pricey!- But worth it.

3. Buy cheap buy twice, watch out for the "GLUE MERCHANTS" THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

4. He may have had to have more medals mounted in the intervening 8 years and found that out......

5. In all my years on forums, I never seen an 8 year bump.

I think my brain exploded.

6. There was an earlier thread here where a number of posters recommended Messdress.com. They're in Bournemouth. I used them for a 39-45 Star and a Burma Star that I found in a surplus store (on a side note it's a shame there's no way to trace the original recipient of these and hand them back to them or their family). Court mounting cost me about £8 pounds if I remember correctly.

7. Stop ******* replying, Didnt you even see the post date?

8. Apologies, I didn't notice the date. But wind your neck in.

9. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Ooooh!!! Pulls up a chair. No handbags until dawn.

10. You only joined this one this month.

11. Didnt specify this one?

12. No but I did.

Forum Walt !

13. Gangbanger walt?

14. Watch it whippersnapper or I'll come round and box your ears.

15. Simple answer to your stupid replies.

**** off.