medal mounting

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Chris_2oo6, Dec 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. well i've had my telic medal now just over a year

and still aint got the cnut mounted

anyone know any decent places near tidworth/wiltshire???

hm supplies charge 22 quid to get it court mounted and i aint paying that!!

cheers.

2. Certainly:

LINK

3. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

I mounted my own, from a bar I bought on ebay. nothing spectacular but a lot cheaper than HMF

4. No where open today chap ;)

5. Windsor Medal Mounting
    or
    01522 702254

Very good service, very quick.

6. Try these guy´s,
    I´ve used them several times myself and they have always done a very good job for me and those I´ve recomended to.

WorchestershireMedals

Worm

7. Military tailors in the square in Bulford (I assume their still there) or John Lodge in "Castle Gallerys" Castle Street Salisbury, it looks a run down type shop dealing in coins and medals but John is a top bloke who did a very good job mounting my GSM.

8. seconded

9. Seconded for www.messdress.com

Sent mine off one day, back three days later, cheap as chips too. Fees depend on how many medals you've got obviously - £4/medal + £5 postage back. Nice job they did too, buffed the medals, replaced the ribbons. and did a good job on the layout and finish.

10. Go to your QM. Far cheaper.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

My QM did mine. Not personally you understand....

Cost nowt.

Still, congratulations on your first gong. Its an addictive past time collecting them..

12. Try the Medal Mounting Shop on www.medalmountingshop.com . Their rates are very competitive, have a quick turnaorund time and the results are very good.

13. Agree with the comments regarding Messdress. I've not heard of anywhere cheaper, they do a very good job, and turned around a court-mounting in 3 days from my posting to return. Tick VG!