Medal Mounting in Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by CaptainWillard, Oct 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all - do any of you know of anyone (Camp tailoress excepted) in the Blandford area who can mount medals?..

Thanks in advance

CW
    Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

2. If you're sending them away make sure the mounters do it according to dress regs.

I know of an outfit that does a great job but they don't put any backing cloth on (ribbon wraps all the way around). It looks good but the ribbons on the back tend to get grubby which I guess is why regs call for a backing cloth?

Q

3. Google The Mess Dress, its in Bournemouth. They'll do them for you while you wait, or go shopping. It takes an hour, and that was to do 8. If you mail them they'll send them back the next day. I think it was 4 quid a medal, so worth the drive out

4. Agree, outstanding service but just make sure you are clear about the order of your medals when you contact them. Did mine wrong way around but remounted them and returned them again in a day. They also refunded all of my postage by way of apology. Very nice work on the mounting too.

5. The tailoress next to the station in Wool does a grand job too. Can't remember how much she charges - about 4-5 quid per medal I think. Not as far as Bournemouth either!

6. +1 for me.

7. Thanks for the replies all...

CW
    Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum