Medal mounting - again

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by steer-away, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a dirty crowbag with only one medal (osm afghanistan) but I'd like to get it mounted. I've been searching the forums to see if there were any places that come recomended but I've only suceeded in confusing myself even more.

I've read that messdress glue the medal rather than stitching which is apparently undesired. I then saw www.mil-k-it.com was highly recomended but the website isn't working and the number is out of use.

I then found this place

http://www.hillmilitarymedals.co.uk/Court%20and%20Loose%20Mounting%20Service/

Does anybody have any experience of them and what is the difference between court and loose mounting? Is there some sort of etiquete issue involved?

2. Medals can be mounted in two ways. Court mounted or otherwise. Your dress regs will tell you which you need. For a single medal or even a couple too much is made of mounting. Any regimental tailor can sew a pin on.

3. I sent mine off this morning to:

The Mess Dress
    88 Stewart Rd
    Bournemouth
    BH8 8NU
    Tel: 01202 302846
    www.messdress.com

They charge £4 per gong to court or swing mount, turn around is 2 days and they are very good. Lots of the guys here use them on a regular basis.

4. Yes, you are a filthy one medal crowbag (KAW!)... However, if you are interested I got mine mounted by these people, very quick and very high quality.

http://www.bigburymint.com/

Regards,

Kaw

5. Nice first post, obviously you work for Bigbury Mint, makers of bling for Walts!!

6. Phone call to Mess Dress yesterday morning for ribbons and brooches etc, items delivered this morning.

I recommend Mess Dress for the supply of medal related items and execellent customer service.

www.messdress.com