Medal Identification

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Can anyone identify the ribbon with the rosette ?
(Fourth earned, first on lower row.)
The only one I can think of that he could have picked up, (born +/- 1982,) is the OSM Op Shader.
The blurb on the oke says he served in "Iraq, Northern Ireland and the Balkans," but that's from a red top.

It's a kak photo but at first glance the rack looks like, GSM 1962, UN Cyprus, Iraq, OSM Op Shader, Diamond Jubilee, ACSM 2011 and LSGC.

8b290028-4859-4cab-81c8-26c049d27f88.jpg

That's the HERRICK OSM. You got a bar for Helmand / Kandahar

Kabul etc, not so much.

The bar is represented by the rosette on the ribbon.

Pretty standard set. Although I note he has the "ACSM Lite".

I'm my day it was 1,080 days blah blah, this was all fields, chicken tasted like chicken...

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Kabul etc, not so much.

I'm my day it was 1,080 days blah blah, this was all fields, chicken tasted like chicken...
My bold. The HERRICK OSM comes with the AFGHANISTAN bar, not specific to any province.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Kabul etc, not so much.

Cheers, I couldn't see the colours on this screen.

I'm guessing the second is UNFICYP, although that hoofs the claim that he served in the Balkans - but as the statement came from the Sun I'm unsurprised

Can anyone identify the ribbon with the rosette ?
(Fourth earned, first on lower row.)
The only one I can think of that he could have picked up, (born +/- 1982,) is the OSM Op Shader.
The blurb on the oke says he served in "Iraq, Northern Ireland and the Balkans," but that's from a red top.

It's a kak photo but at first glance the rack looks like, GSM 1962, UN Cyprus, Iraq, OSM Op Shader, Diamond Jubilee, ACSM 2011 and LSGC.

8b290028-4859-4cab-81c8-26c049d27f88.jpg
Probably egg and chips that he spilt from his breakfast, the fat cnut

I see that he's wearing the LS&GC. What does he have to do to lose it?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Pedantic mode engaged
It’s the OSM Afghanistan as there are more Ops than just Herrick it could be awarded for
pedantic mode disengaged
Of course you are correct - but it makes no difference to the medal and clasp awarded.

I even have one!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Anyone know what the medal on the far right is?

View attachment 669240
Must have had an interesting career. Went down south. Presumably on Invincible as he’s an aviator. Must have them joined the Australian Armed Forces and then come back to the UK and joined the reserve.