Medal Identification

IIRC the clasp had to be applied for and a lot of people were unaware of that they once they left the service. It’s possible that it wa a never issued rather than being missing.

It is possible to apply for them now although unless you are the recipient or immediate nok you have to pay for them.

As the old boy seemed to have continued serving after the War, then they would/should have been issued as a matter of course.

They are lovely sets.
And to do them both justice I'll get them looked after.

Her grandfather had quite a career, having served in WW1 and the NWF he then volunteered and got called up for home duties in WW2.

Thank you all for your help, Mrs Crash will be overjoyed to know what they are for. We're piecing together both her father and grandfather's service. Her father was actually born out in Rawlpindi where his father was stationed.

Her brother is the keeper of the medals, but I'll ask him to let us get them remounted.

Her grandfather had quite a career, having served in WW1 and the NWF he then volunteered and got called up for home duties in WW2.

If they are being remounted, give thought to preserving the ribbons. If new ribbons are used it is nice to preserve the original ones, perhaps on the rear of the frame.

If he was called up for WW2, might there be an entitlement to war and Defence Medals? Perhaps unclaimed.

If they are being remounted, give thought to preserving the ribbons. If new ribbons are used it is nice to preserve the original ones, perhaps on the rear of the frame.
Thanks, I'll do that.
If he was called up for WW2, might there be an entitlement to war and Defence Medals? Perhaps unclaimed.
That's something to look into, certainly. I'm getting into the swing of things now as I'm currently applying for my father and great-uncle's service records (both ex-RN). I doubt there will be much on father's side as he only did National Service, and outside any war zones, but great-uncle served 1940-44 and was killed when his ship was torpedoed by U767 in June '44.

It shouldn't be too difficult to pick up an Aug-Nov clasp for his '14 Star. You can either go for a 'good' copy, ie. as opposed to a shyte one, or go for a genuine item... which aren't cheap. It's worth noting that many opted for slide-on tailors' copies, as stitching the issue items was fiddly. Even the slide-on types are difficult to find now. It's his entitlement that's important, not the clasp quality, though the purists will undoubtedly disagree. Other than that, a very nice group indeed.

I've had a quick scud around Ancestry and sadly the medal roll for the clasp Waziristan (for that period) does not appear to have survived, which is a shame.

The Waziristan clasps for Europeans are something of a rarity, as the bulk of the troops were from Indian Army regiments.

As a 'for instance' the European medal roll for the later clasp (Waziristan 1921-24) contains less than 180 'English' names.

I've had a quick scud around Ancestry and sadly the medal roll for the clasp Waziristan (for that period) does not appear to have survived, which is a shame.

The Waziristan clasps for Europeans are something of a rarity, as the bulk of the troops were from Indian Army regiments.

As a 'for instance' the European medal roll for the later clasp (Waziristan 1921-24) contains less than 180 'English' names.
That's pretty unique then, shame there's no record. Thanks for trying.

threaders144

Old-Salt
Saw this chap on Twitter, any idea what the far right gong is (green ribbon)?

19DD64E0-0471-4DF0-AE02-82348C9CB547.jpeg

What’s the regiment of the owner? King’s Troop?

Anyone recognise the medal on the right? Clasp says REGULAR.

46F076B2-7CD0-4182-88F9-F63861D92C3F.jpeg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can anyone identify the ribbon with the rosette ?
(Fourth earned, first on lower row.)
The only one I can think of that he could have picked up, (born +/- 1982,) is the OSM Op Shader.
The blurb on the oke says he served in "Iraq, Northern Ireland and the Balkans," but that's from a red top.

It's a kak photo but at first glance the rack looks like, GSM 1962, UN Cyprus, Iraq, OSM Op Shader, Diamond Jubilee, ACSM 2011 and LSGC.

8b290028-4859-4cab-81c8-26c049d27f88.jpg

Latest Threads