Medal Identification

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Praetorian, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, I am not calling Walt on this photo.....yet. After reading about the best/worst mess dress in NATO on the other thread, I wanted to know what the Gurkha Mess Dress looked like. My google search turned up these monstrosities.

Can anyone identify the medals on this blokes chest? Strangely, on the same page is I believe a photo of a recently deceased ACF Arrser.

All help appreciated. I consider myself a bit of a spotter, and some of these have got me stumped.
  2. Is his toad-of-a-wife wearing a Nijmegen March medal?
  3. I sense a Wah, but that a QDJM and a Cadet Forces Medal, surely?
  4. I,d agree with your assessment about the silver & golden jubilees, Ostjohn & MBE/OBE/CBE?.Not sure about the all powder blue type one in between Ostj and jubilees.The rest look foreign or suspiciously commemorative tat.
  5. qgjm & cfm.
  6. I thought it looked like an MC, but the optimist in me said that it must be something else as not even an uberwalt would mount one that far into a rack!

It does look a bit bronze as opposed to silver? Just not cleaned?
  7. What's he got round his gregory peck?
  8. QGJM, sorry, EM visited me for a moment!
  9. I think that may be a higher order of Saint john. Off the top of my head i think they do several grades. Knight, commander etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Are we calling Walt then?
  11. I don't think that last one is a telic. The colours in the centre look red white red, plus if it is he needs to brush up on correct order of wear.