Medal Earning Operations?

the_creature

War Hero
What are the current Medal earning Op's on offer these days? Having conducted some STTT stuff in Sierra Leone in 2020 I received Nada medals, same as the guys who deployed to Nigeria. In Contrast the South Sudan gets you a UN medal and Somalia you get the GSM Africa, I also think Mali comes under this criteria too. Op Shader gets the Iraq/Syria medal and Op Tosca the UN medal. Have I missed anything else?

Tin earning tours are a bit thin on the ground these days. I did think Sierra Leone would come under something considering IMATT/ISAT has been running for years, and it's not exactly a holiday destination, same as Nigeria.

Last edited:
What are the current Medal earning Op's on offer these days? Having conducted some STTT stuff in Sierra Leone in 2020 I received Nada medals, same as the guys who deployed to Nigeria. In Contrast the South Sudan gets you a UN medal and Somalia you get the GSM west Africa, I also think Mali comes under this criteria too. Op Shader gets the Iraq/Syria medal and Op Tosca the UN medal. Have I missed anything else?

Tin earning tours are a bit thin on the ground these days. I did think Sierra Leone would come under something considering IMATT/ISAT has been running for years, and it's not exactly a holiday destination, same as Nigeria.

1643142889125.jpeg

What are the current Medal earning Op's on offer these days? Having conducted some STTT stuff in Sierra Leone in 2020 I received Nada medals, same as the guys who deployed to Nigeria. In Contrast the South Sudan gets you a UN medal and Somalia you get the GSM Africa, I also think Mali comes under this criteria too. Op Shader gets the Iraq/Syria medal and Op Tosca the UN medal. Have I missed anything else?

I did Sierrea Leone about 10 years ago. It was very much like a holiday destination - we visited the beach a lot (Including Number 1 Beach - where one of the Bounty Adverts was filmed) and when in Freetown would got down town for beers with the NGOs out there. Great fun!

I'd happily go back to visit as a Civvy.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ukraine could be up soon!

the_creature

War Hero
I did Sierrea Leone about 10 years ago. It was very much like a holiday destination - we visited the beach a lot (Including Number 1 Beach - where one of the Bounty Adverts was filmed) and when in Freetown would got down town for beers with the NGOs out there. Great fun!

fair one, a part from one thing, it's an absolute shithole

fair one, a part from one thing, it's an absolute shithole
I went whilst based in Aldershot. I didn't want to go back to Hampshire.

I actually spent most of my time bouncing around the dirt tracks between Makeni and Kabala in a white Land Rover, which was good fun. Utterly preferable to going for a jog on the Aldershot training area and being surprised by an elderly Nepalese woman going for a shít in the bushes.

1643205792057.png

Boys own adventures. Good times.

Still, spreadsheets (current job) are fun, right? RIGHT?

Last edited:

Did you meet Danny Archer there?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yeah I get it pal, geography wasn't my strong subject, I'm a dumb infanteer. But noted above I did respond with a joke picture that went over your head
That's not a joke, it's a guaranteed commission.

I went whilst based in Aldershot. I didn't want to go back to Hampshire.

I actually spent most of my time bouncing around the dirt tracks between Makeni and Kabala in a white Land Rover, which was good fun. Utterly preferable to going for a jog on the Aldershot training area and being surprised by an elderly Nepalese woman going for a shít in the bushes.

View attachment 634497

Boys own adventures. Good times.

Still, spreadsheets (current job) are fun, right? RIGHT?
Boy, that was some shit she had. Even the LRs are struggling. Whats that you say? It was in Aldershot where she was having a shite? Sorry, my mistake.

Latest Threads