Medal Boffins

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by jack-daniels, Jun 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What has the big fella got on, some of them don't look British.

Attached Files:

2. don't know the quality street ones (shiny gold) but the last 2 are VRSM and UNPROFOR. He also has an MBE, GSM and of course SAM
  4. Its the shiny gold one's that are baffling me.
  5. Cheers balldrick.
  6. I know the who the middle geezer is if that helps"
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Has he got a MID on the third from the left?
  8. The shiny gold medal with the palm leaf on the blue ribbon is the Sultan's Commendation Medal.
    Next with the red/sand/green ribbon (red hidden) is the Oman General Service Medal with clasp Dhofar.
    Last Omani medal is the As Sumood medal, awarded to Sultan's Armed Forces when the Dhofar campaign was declared over, ie. just a little bit before the fighting ended ...
  9. Whats the neck decoration on the pay master, and the one on the right had an intereting excursion to the Oman certainly seconded and for possibly the 2 year stint.
  10. Order of the Bath^

Surely the Falklands medal should be worn before foreign awards?
  11. The guy with all the gongs has been outed as a walt on an airborne website. The paymaster apparently was a bit of a legend amongst the 3 Para blokes down South, didn't stop all night on Longdon with an LMG.
  12. Thought as much, no way anyone would wear the SA medal after Omani medals!
  13. Have you a link for this? This needs a bit more attention.
  14. I have mate but it's in an eyes only part of the airborne site, the guy in the middle of the photo is ex 3 Para and had major doubts from the start but the photographers were trying to get them to act all pally, he has confirmed on the site that the guy was outed. Can't link you to it because there's pics in there of serving blokes in various places.
  15. Pay Bloke is wearing Polonia Restituta, Cavalier Cross circa 1990

Attached Files:

• pr.jpg
      File size:
      53.7 KB
    • pr.jpg
      File size:
      53.7 KB