Medal Boffins

MBE, GSM, 3X omani medals, UN CYPRUS, SOUTH ATLANTIC MEDAL, UN BOSNIA, VRSM

I know the who the middle geezer is if that helps"

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Has he got a MID on the third from the left?

The shiny gold medal with the palm leaf on the blue ribbon is the Sultan's Commendation Medal.
Next with the red/sand/green ribbon (red hidden) is the Oman General Service Medal with clasp Dhofar.
Last Omani medal is the As Sumood medal, awarded to Sultan's Armed Forces when the Dhofar campaign was declared over, ie. just a little bit before the fighting ended ...

Whats the neck decoration on the pay master, and the one on the right had an intereting excursion to the Oman certainly seconded and for possibly the 2 year stint.

The guy with all the gongs has been outed as a walt on an airborne website. The paymaster apparently was a bit of a legend amongst the 3 Para blokes down South, didn't stop all night on Longdon with an LMG.

jack-daniels said:
The guy with all the gongs has been outed as a walt on an airborne website. The paymaster apparently was a bit of a legend amongst the 3 Para blokes down South, didn't stop all night on Longdon with an LMG.
Have you a link for this? This needs a bit more attention.

I have mate but it's in an eyes only part of the airborne site, the guy in the middle of the photo is ex 3 Para and had major doubts from the start but the photographers were trying to get them to act all pally, he has confirmed on the site that the guy was outed. Can't link you to it because there's pics in there of serving blokes in various places.

Pay Bloke is wearing Polonia Restituta, Cavalier Cross circa 1990

Attachments

Cheers JD. Wouldn't mind some more info on the cnut though. Fancy pitching up at that do with a 3 Para tie on and a South Atlantic Medal and expecting to get away with it - and with all that other tin too. Any bona fide recipient of such a group would be a bit of a personality within the battalion surely?

No wonder matey pinged him and is staring exasperated at the heavens, as Walt would have been a SNCO by '82, what with supposed Dhofar service in the early '70s, and he would've known him had he been legit.

As for the paymaster? No wonder he was outed. "I don't remember paying you fcuk all sonny!" What a total and utter cnut. He has undermined the service of all those present with his outrageous walting. This needs wider coverage.

Good spot on the Polak order Dante. I was looking under Denmark and Austria - forgetting that the Poles are not the bad guys anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lokiuk Medals 24
R Military History and Militaria 7
E Medals 16