MED Tags

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Cavalier, Oct 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if there's any point chasing up and wearing med tags?

I'm allergic to penicillin and it's derivatives but it's not like I'm going to come down with gangrene on exercise, but a fellow STAB told me I should pester them......any thoughts??

I was once almost given penicillin when I came down with Pnemonia years ago but my then girlfriend was on hand to tell them about said allergy.
  2. famous last words.
  3. :lol: Indeed.

I spent the weekend in the spiders at Pirbright and came in after a night on the town and the only water supply was in the loos.....I ran the tap and started gulping the drink when I noticed it's brown colour.......needless to say the diphtheria jab I had this year did it's job :lol:
  4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Just answered your own question there, haven't you?

Get one round your neck and another on your wrist, write it on a laminated card in your wallet. Looking like Mr Chav with a braclet is a little less embarassing than coming out in red pustules and dying of respiratory failure.
  5. What if you come down with something outside of green? What do you have to alert ordinary med personnel that they shouldn't be giving you penicillin?

I had med tags for my allergy to egg and didn't wear my tags. If I had an allergy like yours I would be asking for extra large tags.

As an aside, an egg allergy means that you cannot have the yellow fever jab as it is cultured on egg (apparently).
  6. So why is this posted in TA Forum as well? Think the medics board is the way to go if you have to ask the question.
  7. Thanks for the consensus - I'll get on to the clerk (if I can ever get hold of him).

Agreed Murielson, but I didn't see this place until I'd posted in the TA forum. *dense*
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The RAMC Board is the place for Medical advice, well maybe!
  9. Totally forgiven as I am strangely attracted to the arrse movements of your avatar. I can imagine me being allergic to her in that slippy, painted on dress and it causing me to 'cough' all over her occasionally.
  10. Don't know if the TA do it differently but in the regs you will have your penicillin allergy noted on your FMED4. In addition the med staff should have filled in the requesting form (cant remember the FMED) for NATO med warning tags, one is taped to your FMED4 the other should be given to you.

Most guys I know who have an allergy such as yours have a civi med alert bracelet and attach their med tag to their keys for when their not in green.

Basically do something to let the medics (mil and civ) know you have this problem so that they don't cause you to have an anaphylactic shock that you may die from.

11. Cheers all.

Informed the PSAO and he's going to inform the clerk to put in an order for them (I should have had them sent after my medical in December).