med review board / acl injury

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by sigschick, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

in 1998 i damaged my acl doing t o w and declined to have acl surgery. i have managed fine and never been downgraded etc. on leave my knee went again and i have gone through civvi channels to have the reconstruction surgery. i have been at home now for 9 months with little to no support from the army. my knee isnt healing or repairing as it should and concequencly other problems around it have occured. i have a medical review board comming up and have no idea what to expect, my friends tell me im going to have to do a desk job and return and be a biff forever i really cant think of anything worse does anyone have any info or case historys? worried about my future :)
  2. Sigs

if youre at home on the sick, and you have been for 9 months - then I presume that you are on the Y List.
    so you dont really belong to your old unit, you need to address all your problems through them.
    If you are getting no assistance / help - contact your RHQ.

ACL repairs are tricky creatures - you should have been downgraded - not as a personal insult, but for your protection (health and career protection).

Being a 'biff' should not make you ashamed, it is to protect you and your future career.

Rule Number One with rehab - do as you are told and dont cut corners