Med Regt to Field Ambulance?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by CMTville, Dec 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do i hear right, The Med Regt is taking a step backwards and down sizing to Bde Assets. Therefore more Regiments will be formed but will be the manning of a Fd Amb - Is this true.

2. Oh so the wheel goes around again. I bet someone somewhere had a really good idea and thought of this, without any idea of recent history.

3. all I have to say is lol

4. What a suprise :roll:

My first unit was an Armoured Field Ambulance and a few years after I left they started the change to Med Regiments just as they did from Armoured Workshops to REME Battalions. We said it wouldnt work and it was a waste of money but unfortunately took well over a decade for someone to admit another financial blunder. :x

On the bus, off the bus

5. I think that the extra manning wil come from attaching TA squadrons to the regimental strength, so the extra manning will be on paper, well monday to friday anyway

6. "I think that the extra manning wil come from attaching TA squadrons to the regimental strength"

Or the other way around...