Med Regt Locations

Yes, Glyn Hughes Bks.

Venty you are just soooooooooo out of date, 1 CSMR was renamed 1 Med Regt and the Sqn in Hohne was restructured and became 2 Med Regt, a totally new unit.

Ventress

LE
Filbert Fox said:
Venty you are just soooooooooo out of date, 1 CSMR was renamed 1 Med Regt and the Sqn in Hohne was restructured and became 2 Med Regt, a totally new unit.
Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered?

Sluice_dweller said:
They are at Haig!
Is the unit split between Haig and Glyn Hughes Bks? Ive just come off the phone to a QA Capt at 2 Med Regt and he says that he is definately at Glyn Hughes Bks.

not really!

Filbert Fox said:
Sluice_dweller said:
They are at Haig!
Is the unit split between Haig and Glyn Hughes Bks? Ive just come off the phone to a QA Capt at 2 Med Regt and he says that he is definately at Glyn Hughes Bks.
Sorry, I'm still confused - even more so now!

Are there 2 locations?

bomber78 said:
Filbert Fox said:
Sluice_dweller said:
They are at Haig!
Sorry, I'm still confused - even more so now!

Are there 2 locations?
Thats nothing, 3 Med Regt are in 3 locations (North, East, South East England).

They are at Glyn Hughes Bks....which was the old home of 28 FLD AMB ...
many moons ago... :)

When 1 Armd Fd Amb moved from Glynn Hughes Bks which was the Wehrmact Range Hospital (out the back of camp) Haig South, which was vacated by 40 Fd Regt RA was renamed Glyn Hughes Bks. Authority was gained from the Comd of BAOR at the time Gen Guthrie. Haig North became Haig and 1 RHA moved out to allow the Light Dragoons to move in. There were a couple of other unit changes too. Now 2 Regt occupy Glynn Hughes (old Haig South) in camp. I THINK the plan is for the old Dutch Barracks, which has been used for exercising troops for a while now, to be refurbished to allow the new Regt to move into them.
28 and 29 Fd Amb formed 1 Armd Div Fd Amb a long time ago; they were first based in the 'Old Glynn Hughes' Bks.
Am I sad or what!

Scholesy said:
When 1 Armd Fd Amb moved from Glynn Hughes Bks which was the Wehrmact Range Hospital (out the back of camp) Haig South, which was vacated by 40 Fd Regt RA was renamed Glyn Hughes Bks. Authority was gained from the Comd of BAOR at the time Gen Guthrie. Haig North became Haig and 1 RHA moved out to allow the Light Dragoons to move in. There were a couple of other unit changes too. Now 2 Regt occupy Glynn Hughes (old Haig South) in camp. I THINK the plan is for the old Dutch Barracks, which has been used for exercising troops for a while now, to be refurbished to allow the new Regt to move into them.
28 and 29 Fd Amb formed 1 Armd Div Fd Amb a long time ago; they were first based in the 'Old Glynn Hughes' Bks.
Am I sad or what!
I used to go to 28 to play rugby with the likes of Mick and Angus Bustin and go on the wallop with Johnny Arthur, now that, is sad.