Med Regt CO thrown to the dogs.....

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Goatman, Jan 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Spectators watch as Lieutenant Colonel Jez Hair is bitten by patrol dog Rex as part of the 'Bite the Boss' fundraising event for Macmillan Cancer Support
    [Picture: Sergeant Corrine Buxton RAF, Crown Copyright/MOD 2010]
    SOURCE

I ran away from a fob war dog called Sabre wearing one of these suits in Ballykelly - 'sprinting' is a bit of misnomer :)

Sabre had a damn good laugh throwing me to the deck in seconds flat , as did his handler......lesson identified - shoot the dog NEVER the handler - cause he's about the only thing that is gonna stop Sabre from feasting on your liver......

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I hope the dog had had his 'shots' , wouldn't want him catching anything now, would we? :)

Well done Col Hair - just gives a new perspective to Hair of the Dog!

3. Hats off to the CO for being so game, I wonder if "Bite the Boss" will catch on.....looks like fun!!! I have heard those protective jackets only go so far and you still feel a fair amount of dog fang!!

I suppose we should be grateful no one came up with the name "Dogging the Boss"........replies not required :)

4. Well, that's my efforts put into perspective. 27 years ago Jez Hair and I did our adult first-aiders certificate together, now he commands a medical regiment while I've only just completed my "first aid at work" requalification...