Med Downgrade & Pay

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ShinyAndAttractive, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Does anyone know if a med downgrade (to P3R) would result in a change in pay - e.g. from high band to low band (or whatever it's called in these wonderful post-JPA days)?

TIA

2. hasnt affected me im p3 due to damaged joints and being coeliac im uk ops only now

3. P3 LE Telic, Herick no problem depending on your rank, trade and capbadge, no change in pay scale either

4. OK - Thanks for that. As a suppplementary question, does anyone know (reference, if possible) if a P3R med status would stop annual pay increments?

I'd rather some background before I take this to my (TA) unit HR staffs...

TIA.

5. References would probably be best found on Army Net in TA Regs or Army Regs, But as someone who has been down graded for a number of years due to Military service it hasn't affected either my Pay, Pay band, Increments, Promotion or anything else.

6. Hi B66

Will have another shufti at online Regs, but so much of TA Regs is out of date/superceded by other instructions...

7. Just upgraded from P7 to P3 my pay was not affectedin either direction and i'm mobilising for Herrick.....

8. How can TA Regulations be superceded by "other instructions" :?

I was always lead to believe that a Regulation is a must comply, an instruction is merely a should comply :x

9. An example would be the maximum age limits contained within TA Regs, which have been impacted by the introduction of age discrimination legislation. The changes were promulgated by DIN, which is an instruction. TA Regs have not, last time I checked online, been amended to reflect this situation.