Med Docs

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by TRAZTAZ, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Guys,
    quick question here. I am about to be discharged from the army (22yrs) and will be staying in Germany. Can I opt tp take my med docs from the army to give to my new GP so he knows some med history on me??

  2. no, me thinks your ''new'' doctor has to apply for them. p.s dont photocopy them before you leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. You write a letter to your Med Centres SMO or Practice manager asking, under the freedom of information act, for a full copy of your FMed 4 and full print out of your DMICP record. State in the letter that you have no intention of sueing the Army (if you are then your solicitor will have to request them and a copy will also be sent to the Army Medico-Legal mob). The Practice Manager will then get your docs photocopied and DMICP printed off and give them to you. Gone are the days of trying to get a friendly member of the med centre staff to give you a couple of minutes alone with your FMed 4 while stood next to the photocopier. All you need to do now is ask.

    As Red said, if your doctor wants a copy of your docs he/she will have to write to APC Glasgow.
  4. Alarms ring when you state that I have to put in writing that I do not intend to sue the MOD to be able to do this, why would that be now?
  5. because if you don't the practice manager won't release a copy of your notes direct to you, you'll have to get your solicitor to apply through via army legal to make it all above board for legal action. It's all terribly dull and tedious really.
  6. it can be a bit of a bugger to get your doc's. choc hob nobs, stella, are a good tool to cut red tape '' ive heared''....................
  7. The Freedom of Information Act is not the correct legislation.

    It's the Data Protection Act 1998, and you need to make a Subject Access Request. You can download a form from DII to make it easy, or just write a letter making clear that it is a Subject Access Request under s.7 of the Data Protection Act. They have 40 calendar days to comply. It is not necessary to give a reason for the request.

    JSP400 has all the details.
  8. VB, being nowhere near a Dii terminal for a wee while (otherwise I'd look at JSP 400), If you apply for all your med docs, not just those held in the local med Centre, do the MoD have to hand them over?
  9. Yes they do. Not just med docs, either. I found the non-DII info:

    Download the form here to save writing a letter.

    Send it to:

    Army Personnel Centre Secretariat
    Disclosures 2
    Mail Point 515
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow G2 8EX

    This is easily the best way to get your docs, though you can do it through the local med centre. MoD don't usually charge the statutory fee.
  10. So no chance of your NHS doc pushing a few buttons and it magically transfering it through the DII/NHSNet IGS Service????
  11. I would be extremely surprised if the combined efforts of EDS/Atlas and Fujitsu resulted in something that worked properly.
  12. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer


    They are not intergrated in that manner.
  13. But they are linked but vb is probably correct, it's more of a political/project mismanagement/defence company issue
  14. Should be a peice of cake getting records to australian vets systems though ... Bit of jedhi trickery