Med docs - TA & NHS

Sorry not sure if this is best placed here or not.

Quick question I need to get hold of my vaccination records, now the last ones I had done were via the TA back in 2004. Does the Army pass on this info onto my Civvy GP?

Just thought I'd ask to save making numerous calls only to be told to go back and speak to the other!!

Yea they should. Assuming you've left now; when you leave you will of had a medical and signed a form saying the Army can release your notes to your GP.
Green_Homer said:
Does the Army pass on this info onto my Civvy GP?
I doubt it, most TA units won't have permanent medic with them. So for starters very few people should be handling your FMed 4 anyway. On the NHS side I doubt many staff would realise you have an Army medical record let alone had immunisations and so wouldn't ask for it anyway.

On a more practical level your TA FMed4 is on paper, whereas most regular personnel have an electronic record. So chances are even military medics will have difficulty accessing your records.

Latest Threads