Med Discharge

Hi all, just a bit of background.... I'm due leave the military in Jan due to medical discharge (PTSD) and I'm worried that I'm going to be going into a lockdown world. Has anyone else in the same situation looked at seeing if this date can be extended to get through this period?

I’m still awaiting med board possibly this month for PTSD and at my 20 year point and I’m gutted if I won’t be able to complete my 22, anyone know if I’m likely to be able to stay till my 22?

I’m still awaiting med board possibly this month for PTSD and at my 20 year point and I’m gutted if I won’t be able to complete my 22, anyone know if I’m likely to be able to stay till my 22?
Isn't that the whole point of a medical board; To determine if you are medically fit to continue in Service? How are we supposed to know what the outcome will be?

dan_brown

War Hero

As above, that is the purpose of the Med Board ie determine if you are still fit to serve or for you to leave.

That being said, do you think you are fit to serve or are just hanging on for the pension?

To answer your question, there are personnel who have been diagnosed with PTSD who continue to serve (with limitations etc in place).

Latest Threads