Med discharge, pap 10, admin/medical, or hold out ten months for my 22yr point.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by dog2013, May 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've currently got 10 months to my 22 year point, and a staffy's pension. I am currently under DCMH for PTSD, and the MO has advised me if I take any more sick leave I will be routed down the RECU process. Can anybody offer any advice on what this will do in regards to pensions, ie will I gain or lose by going down the RECU process versus my 22 year pension?

Does anybody know what the difference is between a medical discharge/PAP10 medical/PAP10 Admin?

Thanks

2. Hi Dog2013, before you get an angry snail shouting at you, do a search, look for escotia on here and there is a lively thread with the answers you are requesting.

However you are not alone, there is quite a few going through this myself included,

You stand to lose a lot if you dont do the following, Ask to retrade, retrain to another service if they ask if you are wiling say yes. They wont but if you dont they will admin discharge you with a massive loss of money. Join the forces pension service now, inform them what is going on and also speak to the RBL. You need to act fast then they wont screw you over.

Good luck mate,

DTC

• Like Like x 1
  3. No angry snails here.

As I've said before, dig your heels in and tell them what you want. What you want them to do for you, not what you can do for them.

4. Gent's,

Thankyou so much for the info, i have looked at lots of posts on here and i have come to the conclusion that i will dip out on what i would have got at my 22yr point. It makes my blood boil to be honest, i have served for 22yrs and 3 mths now, but only 21yrs 5mths reconable as i was a boy soldier. If i am honest i can't even work out what i should be entitled to as it all talks in riddles to me. My Oc is a retard and she doesn't really have a clue, who is the best person(s) to speak to?

Thanks for replying and offering your help.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Gents,

Thankyou for your help, i guess i am just scared of lossing a load of what i would be entitled in less than a year at 22yr point. It makes my blood boil.

Who would be the best person(s) to talk to for a rough idea of what i could be entitled to? My Oc is a retard and none of the seniors have any fath for day to day running of the Sqn let alone something as important as this for me.

Doea anyone know where i can find a table that i could use to try and work it out.

Thanks for you help Gents.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Ok, so the update is.

Had a meeting with my Oc and Dcmh, were my Oc spent 25 minutes telling me how i had failed and wound up the C of C "on perpose" in the Oc's opinion.

At this point Dcmh said,

Ok i have seen and heard enough, you "me" will not go to work here ever again.

Dcmh to Oc,

i am not surprised this man is broken, he has been diagnosed with PTSD for several years but has managed it untill comeing under your command. If this is how speak to your Snco's here infroint of us i dread to think how you speak to them in your office. You were asked several times by "me" and us for support of "me" but failed to give any and have made the condition worse by your actions, you can leave now while we finish up this meeting.

RESULT!!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (Android)

• Like Like x 1
  7. A refrain of 'utter bollocks' might be appropriate at this point in the proceedings.

8. It what context.

9. Who is rbl?

10. Are you shitting me, ROYAL BRITISH LEGION, retard!!!

• Like Like x 1