Med Discharge - Arthritis

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by crazydave68, Jul 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm 24 and after serving 6 1/2 years I have been told that I may be discharged due to my arthritis ( at my age? Great! :eek: )which I was diagnosed with last year. Does anyone know ( :? )of how I can find out what I am entitled to regarding pensions and resettlement? I'm worried that if i do get discharged I may be seen off with as little as the Army think they can get away with!
    Ta very much
  2. First of all,did you suffer from any injuries whilst in training or in the regiment? Were you ever hospitalised? Have you received treatment for ANY injuries to your musculoskeletal system? If so, make enquiries into getting a war pension and or compensation for your problems whilst in service.Ask for a claim form immediately from the Veterans Agency as these claims can become time barred nowadays. Tom
  3. Your RAO and Med Centre should be able to advise you, but I would also recommend that you contact the RBL, who can provide helpful advice and assist you with making a claim, if necessary.
  4. Thanks very much, some great info on the veterans agency website.