Mechwarrior online - book your name now!

The good old "Atlas." I used to play the Battletech board game when I was a kid. A very good game indeed.

What's the online play like?

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
Done. Pilot name is "Bruxy".

This is going to bring back some quality memories!

Brilliant find, long time coming for a great game - hopefully the mech builds will be configurable not just standards.

S_R

Brilliant find, long time coming for a great game - hopefully the mech builds will be configurable not just standards.

S_R
Agreed, building your mech was one of the best parts of Battletech. Everyone had their own preferences depending on their style of play. Will there be 'death from above,?

Agreed, building your mech was one of the best parts of Battletech. Everyone had their own preferences depending on their style of play. Will there be 'death from above,?
Just read the website a bit more and it states

We want to make sure we bring the roots of the MechWarrior® titles back to the surface and also incorporate the basic rules from the BattleTech® Universe. Players will be able to customize their BattleMechs with weapon and armor upgrades as well as customize their cosmetic appearance in the MechLab. This means players can look unique or fall in line with their Merc Corp colors and truly represent themselves in combat. The next part of Mech Warfare is controls/piloting a BattleMech. Since our key platform is the PC, it only makes sense to really bring the simulation control system back for seasoned players, with the option to have easy access configurations for newer players. When dealing with controls, we really want to bring skill back into combat rather than heavily assisted combat as seen in most modern day first person shooters. The interface between the MechWarrior® and the BattleMech is being revisited as well. A new 3D HUD system is being designed for the neurohelmet pilot information display. The view point of the game is from the pilot (MechWarrior®’s) point of view. Players will be able to look around their cockpit and even customize the interior to suit their tastes.
So if it lives up to that then I think i'll be happy.

S_R

walkyrie

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I so nearly bought one of these back in the day, so I could sit in my gaming throne and tell myself I really was a mech pilot. Undoubtedly I will be purchasing one in the next few months....
Flight-Simulator-Joystick.jpg

Oh God. I'm a "Mech-Pilot-Walt"

Done, Pilot name "Madfish"

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
[video=youtube;3CWr3ZUQJeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=3CWr3ZUQJeo[/video]

:eye:

I got ElGoatphuquer. I wonder how long before I get an e-mail saying I've breached some code?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm in. Pilot name much as you'd expect

<-------------------------------

Registered as Ark-Angel

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks interesting. TBH I missed out on the Mechwarrior games mostly through being a bit too young (and therefore unable to influence the purchase of the required computer hardware). May give this a shot. Does registering a call sign require payment or contract signing?